The GTD-FOM tool (Grant Tracking Database - Funding Opportunity Matchmaking Tool), originally developed in 2016, has been updated by the Economic RSF for use by NGOs in Puerto Rico. A filtering capacity has been added that allows the user to identify Federal Agencies’ Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs) that are relevant to Puerto Rico. The GTD-FOM Tool will be distributed under a broader NGO capacity building strategy led by Titín Foundation, a local non-profit EDA partner that brings capacity building services to the 3rd Sector in Puerto Rico.
- Making information easy and accessible for all types of end-users (PR Local NGOs) to have the latest and relevant NOFAs (Notice of Funding Availability) information
- Providing valuable (actionable) information to end-users
- Maximizing grant proposal preparation time to end-users
- Providing informatics tools to end-users that are going to help them become strategic in the use of their information.
- Building a system to capture daily NOFAs using the official RSS Web Feed from Grants.gov
- Strategizing and implementing a Python RSS Filtering Script with the capacity to automatically capture daily NOFAs
- Providing keyword filtering capability on the NOFAs to the local EDA partner
- Assisting the end-user in the process of matching specific-relevant NOFAs
- Helping the local EDA partner create an easy and inclusive format to distribute already filtered and matched daily NOFAs information
PR NGOs Python Script